DANBURY, Conn. -- For residents who wish to pay their respects to Staff Sgt. Todd James “T.J” Lobraico, the New Fairfield airman who was killed last week in Afghanistan, a free shuttle will be offered from the Danbury Fair Mall to the Westside campus of Western Connecticut State University.
The free shuttle will be offered from the mall to the O'Neill Center from 2 to 9 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. Residents are advised to park between Sears and Dick's for the J&R bus to the Lobraico service.
The family of Lobraico, 22, will receive friends on Thursday from 3 to 7 p.m. at Western Connecticut State University’s Westside campus in Danbury. Services will be held at the O’Neill Center on Friday at 11 a.m. Burial will follow in North Cemetery on Church Road in Sherman.
Police advised that those attending the funeral allow themselves extra time to get from the mall to WestConn.
Lobraico was a member of the New York Air National Guard and a 2008 graduate of New Fairfield High School. His father, Todd, is a Stamford police officer and Air Force veteran.
He was killed when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire near Bagram Airfield, the Department of Defense announced. Read more about Lobraico here on The Daily Voice.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn