DANBURY, Conn. – Dick’s Sporting Goods has pulled all guns from its store in the Danbury Fair mall and halted the sale of some modern sporting rifles at its locations across the country on Tuesday in the wake of the Newtown shooting.
“We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, Conn., and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community,” officials said on the retailers website.
“Out of respect for the victims and their families, during this time of national mourning, we have removed all guns from sale and from display in our store nearest to Newtown and suspended the sale of modern sporting rifles in all of our stores chain-wide.”
The retailer also offered its condolences to those affected by the tragedy in the message.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'