DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- Mohamed Coats, 38, the owner of Konnecticut Hair Design on Ives Street was arrested in a drug bust at his downtown business after months of police investigation, police said.
Western Connecticut State University officially opened its new School of Visual and Performing Arts Center on the West Side campus in a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the $97 million building.
Danbury native TJ Wiedl, who has served in the job on an interim basis, will be the next chief of the Danbury Fire Department, Mayor Mark Boughton announced.
- More than 20 vendors, including Danbury Deli Market, El Sabor Ecuatoriano and Green Island Chicken, were participating the Taste Of Greater Danbury food festival on the CityCenter Green. The festival continued Sunday.
- Tori Alverez, 21, of 4 Hillcrest Road, Danbury, turned herself in to Wilton Police after learning seven warrants had been issued for her arrest, police said.
- Pop singer Ashlee Simpson and actor Evan Ross got married , reciting their vows in a star-studded ceremony at the Greenwich home of the groom's mother, Diana Ross.
- Lindsey Rogers-Seitz of Ridgefield, whose son died after he was forgotten in a hot car in July, is pushing for car safety regulations and laws to prevent such deaths in the future.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.