FAIRFEILD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County is home to the largest concentration of people who work for foreign-owned businesses in the country, according to West Fair Online, which cited a report released by the Brookings Institution.
The study compared the number of foreign-owned jobs across the 100 largest metro areas in the United States, according to West Fair Online.
The Bridgeport metro area, which comprised all of Fairfield County in the study, had the densest concentration of jobs owned by foreign companies, including Boehringer Ingelheim Group and Diageo, according to West Fair Online.
The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, D.C.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport