FAIRFEILD COUNTY, Conn. – Fairfield County is home to the largest concentration of people who work for foreign-owned businesses in the country, according to West Fair Online, which cited a report released by the Brookings Institution.
The study compared the number of foreign-owned jobs across the 100 largest metro areas in the United States, according to West Fair Online.
The Bridgeport metro area, which comprised all of Fairfield County in the study, had the densest concentration of jobs owned by foreign companies, including Boehringer Ingelheim Group and Diageo, according to West Fair Online.
The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, D.C.
To read the full story, click here.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Danbury Police Pull Driver From Car In Candlewood Lake
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Danbury Skies Sunday
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Danbury Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend