FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Eight Fairfield County towns placed in the top 10 safest places to live in Connecticut, according to Safe Choice Security.
Safe Choice Security used the 2012 FBI Crime Statistics report to compile its rankings, with Ridgefield taking the top spot.
Ridgefield was praised for its emergency alert system and its emergency preparedness plan. Overall, Safe Choice said Ridgefield was safer than 96 percent of all U.S. cities.
Weston was ranked second due to its comprehensive public safety programs. Overall, Weston was safer than 94 percent of U.S. cities, according to the study.
Other Fairfield County towns in the list are:
- No. 3: Darien, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 4: Wilton, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 5: Easton, safer than 92 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 6: Redding, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 7: Greenwich, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities; and
- No. 8: New Canaan, safer than 89 percent of all U.S. cities.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport