FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Eight Fairfield County towns placed in the top 10 safest places to live in Connecticut, according to Safe Choice Security.
Safe Choice Security used the 2012 FBI Crime Statistics report to compile its rankings, with Ridgefield taking the top spot.
Ridgefield was praised for its emergency alert system and its emergency preparedness plan. Overall, Safe Choice said Ridgefield was safer than 96 percent of all U.S. cities.
Weston was ranked second due to its comprehensive public safety programs. Overall, Weston was safer than 94 percent of U.S. cities, according to the study.
Other Fairfield County towns in the list are:
- No. 3: Darien, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 4: Wilton, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 5: Easton, safer than 92 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 6: Redding, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 7: Greenwich, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities; and
- No. 8: New Canaan, safer than 89 percent of all U.S. cities.
- 1 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 2 Special Guests Drop In At Danbury's Memorial Day Parade
- 3 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street
- 4 Danbury Man, 50, Busted On Charges Of Selling Heroin At Condo Complex
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report