FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Eight Fairfield County towns placed in the top 10 safest places to live in Connecticut, according to Safe Choice Security.
Safe Choice Security used the 2012 FBI Crime Statistics report to compile its rankings, with Ridgefield taking the top spot.
Ridgefield was praised for its emergency alert system and its emergency preparedness plan. Overall, Safe Choice said Ridgefield was safer than 96 percent of all U.S. cities.
Weston was ranked second due to its comprehensive public safety programs. Overall, Weston was safer than 94 percent of U.S. cities, according to the study.
Other Fairfield County towns in the list are:
- No. 3: Darien, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 4: Wilton, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 5: Easton, safer than 92 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 6: Redding, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 7: Greenwich, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities; and
- No. 8: New Canaan, safer than 89 percent of all U.S. cities.
- 1 Bridgeport Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Danbury
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 4 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola