FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Eight Fairfield County towns placed in the top 10 safest places to live in Connecticut, according to Safe Choice Security.
Safe Choice Security used the 2012 FBI Crime Statistics report to compile its rankings, with Ridgefield taking the top spot.
Ridgefield was praised for its emergency alert system and its emergency preparedness plan. Overall, Safe Choice said Ridgefield was safer than 96 percent of all U.S. cities.
Weston was ranked second due to its comprehensive public safety programs. Overall, Weston was safer than 94 percent of U.S. cities, according to the study.
Other Fairfield County towns in the list are:
- No. 3: Darien, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 4: Wilton, safer than 93 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 5: Easton, safer than 92 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 6: Redding, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities;
- No. 7: Greenwich, safer than 90 percent of all U.S. cities; and
- No. 8: New Canaan, safer than 89 percent of all U.S. cities.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove