FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Summer isn't quite over yet, but the Farmers' Almanac is saying that residents of Fairfield County and most of the Northeast should start preparing for another winter filled with bitter cold and heavy snowfall.
The Farmers' Almanac is forecasting below average temperatures for the entire country and expects an active storm track for the eastern seaboard that could deliver heavy rain and snow.
The Almanac also "red flagged" early January and early February as times when the East Coast could see strong winds and heavy precipitation.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 5 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn