FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Summer isn't quite over yet, but the Farmers' Almanac is saying that residents of Fairfield County and most of the Northeast should start preparing for another winter filled with bitter cold and heavy snowfall.
The Farmers' Almanac is forecasting below average temperatures for the entire country and expects an active storm track for the eastern seaboard that could deliver heavy rain and snow.
The Almanac also "red flagged" early January and early February as times when the East Coast could see strong winds and heavy precipitation.
- 1 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach