FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Fairfield County.
1. Truffles cooking class at Stamford's Barcelona Wine Bar and Restaurant, Saturday, March 29, 2 p.m.
Join Chef Scott as he leads a class on how to use black truffles to put an exciting spin on seasonal dishes. Reserve your spot by calling the restaurant at 203-348-4800. Cost is $45, plus tax and gratuity. 222 Summer Street.
2. "Sirens" at the Darien Arts Center, Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 at 8 p.m., Sunday, March 30 at 2 p.m.
A hit at the 2010 Humana Festival of New American Plays, "Sirens" explores the poignancy of a once passionate relationship that has lost its sizzle. The events of a celebratory cruise help to focus the characters on the long term comfort of an enduring relationship. Tickets are $25. 2 Renshaw Road.
3. Norwalk's Theatre Artists Workshop Film Festival, Saturday, March 29 at 8 p.m., Sunday, March 30 at 3 p.m.
The Theatre Artists Workshop will be screening award-winning short films, on which its members have worked as actors, writers and directors. Free. 5 Gregory Blvd.
4. Ridgefield Guild of Artists Presents Mary Louise O’Connell: My Favorite Things, until April 27, Wednesday to Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Mary Louise O'Connell, former president of the Ridgefield Guild of Artists, is displaying her exhibit of oil paintings, entitled My Favorite Things, in the upstairs portion of the Ridgefield Guild of Artists gallery. The exhibit is free. 34 Halpin Lane.
5. Greenwich Bruce Museum's Ed Clark: American Photojournalist, Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday 1 to 5 p.m. until June 1.
Ed Clark: American Photojournalist includes more than 40 photographs from Time Magazine photographer Ed Clark's (1911-2000) collection, which is part of the Meserve-Kunhardt Foundation in Pleasantville, N.Y. Cost is adults $7, students (ages 5 to 22 with valid ID) $6, seniors (65 and up) $6, museum members and children under 5 free. Free individual admission on Tuesday. 1 Museum Drive.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why.