DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Danbury fire crews spent more than six hours battling a blaze at a waterfront home on Candlewood Lake .
- A 22-year-old Danbury man was arrested on multiple charges after an investigation found he was selling drugs out of his Harrison Street home, police said.
- In a first for Danbury High School, a teenage boy, Nasir Fleming, was crowned as the gay male prom queen at the school's senior prom.
- The victim in the sexual assault case against a Danbury resident who teaches at Convent of the Sacred Heart in Greenwich was 11 at the time of the alleged incident that took place in the fall of 2009, the arrest warrant said.
- Two students at Danbury's Western Connecticut State University won the Henry Barnard Distinguished Student Awards .
- In an effort to get his running mate Shelton Mayor Mark Lauretti on the primary ballot, Republican candidate for governor Mark Boughton, who is the mayor of Danbury, is offering petition circulators $2 for each valid name collected.