DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- Roman Mieczakowski, a seventh-grade student at Hudson Country Montessori School in Danbury, won an award in a state competition for young inventors.
- Christina Eaton, 36, of Danbury, accused of selling crack cocaine out of her home was arrested on multiple drug charges after a lengthy investigation.
- MoneyRates.com ranks Connecticut among five worst states to make a living.
- CityCenter Danbury's 2014 Summer Concerts on the Green kick off with the Danbury Symphony Orchestra's pop salute to "Heroes & Villains".
- Danbury Fire Chief Geoffrey Herald announced that he will retire this summer after nearly 40 years of service and seven years as chief in Danbury.
- After 40 years in Westport, the international humanitarian and relief organization Save the Children opened its new office at 501 Kings Highway E. in Fairfield.
- In a recent crackdown on texting while driving and other motor vehicle violations, the Danbury Police Department issued 650 infractions and made five misdemeanor arrests.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.