WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury