WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced