WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Fire Damages O'Brien's Irish Pub In Danbury
- 2 Danbury Man, 50, Busted On Charges Of Selling Heroin At Condo Complex
- 3 Danbury Police: Two Busted With Pot On George Street
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Danbury Police Charge Man With Dealing Drugs From Car, Apartment