WESTPORT, Conn. -- Metro-North train station parking lots throughout Fairfield County are seeing an increase in scooter commuters, and it isn't simply because of the warm weather, according to The Westport News.
For many residents, the move to a scooter to get to the train station makes good financial sense. Scooters aren't subject to property tax, don't require registration, and, perhaps most importantly, don't require a costly parking permit that can take years to obtain, the Westport News reported.
- 1 Bridgeport Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Danbury
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 4 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola