GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Danbury Picks 92-Year-Old Army Vet As Grand Marshal For Parade
- 3 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield
- 4 Picture Perfect Memorial Day Greets Danbury As Parade Steps Off
- 5 Shirley M. O'Marra, Longtime Danbury Resident