GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 3 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola