GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'