GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Fausto 'Junior' De Los Santos, 17, Danbury Student
- 4 Doctors Express Urgent Care Opening 2nd Office In Danbury
- 5 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County