GREENWICH, Conn. -- Michael Skakel, who is on bail awaiting a retrial in the 1975 murder of a Greenwich teen, is suing television personality Nancy Grace for libel, according to the New York Times.
Skakel's complaint alleges that Grace said his DNA had been found in a tree near the murder scene, but DNA was never admitted into evidence in his first trial, The Times reported.
A state judge ordered a retrial for Skakel in October, 2013, due to the glaring ineffectiveness of Skakel's original trial attorney.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital