DANBURY, Conn. -- An overturned tractor-trailer accident that occurred at about 1 p.m. continued to slow traffic on I-84 near Danbury as rush-hour approached at 4:15 p.m. Monday, according to the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The accident on I-84 westbound between Exits 10 and 9, and lane closures were occurring as part of the cleanup, DOT said.
The left shoulder was also closed on I-84 eastbound between Exits 9 and 10, DOT said.
Traffic was backed up in both directions on I-84.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Danbury, Thunderstorms Possible