DANBURY, Conn. -- Motorists are advised to expect delays or to take an alternate route because of reconstruction to interchanges 5 and 6 of Interstate 84 in Danbury that begins on Monday, April 6.
The project consists of the widening of Exit 5 off-ramps on both the eastbound and westbound sides and the Exit 6 on-ramp and off ramp.
Route 37 (North Street and Padanaram Road) will be widened in the area of Exit 6, and traffic signals will be upgraded and/or added at Intersections from Balmforth Avenue to the North Street Shopping Center.
A new storm drainage system will be installed on Second Avenue.
There will be lane closures beginning Monday, April 6, on the following roadways:
- Exit 5 eastbound off-ramp 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Exit 6 westbound off-ramp 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Exit 5 westbound off-ramp and exit 6 eastbound on-ramp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Padanaram Road (Route 37) from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- All other roadways from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, work will be limited to 6 p.m. to 10 a.m. on all project roadways.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.