FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Overnight snow showers left a dusting to an inch of the white stuff on area roads and highways, leading to slow-moving traffic Wednesday morning across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Traffic was already jamming up along southbound I-95 from Fairfield into Westport and Norwalk and along the Merritt Parkway in the same areas and into New Canaan by about 7 a.m.
The DOT and National Weather Service cautioned drivers to travel slowly and safely for the Wednesday morning commute.
All snow showers were expected to end by about sunrise.
- 1 Danbury Home Renovated By HGTV's 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 4 Danbury Holds Bulky Waste Drop-Off, City Cleanup Saturday
- 5 Danbury Man Faces Gun Charge After I-684 Stop