FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Overnight snow showers left a dusting to an inch of the white stuff on area roads and highways, leading to slow-moving traffic Wednesday morning across Fairfield County, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Traffic was already jamming up along southbound I-95 from Fairfield into Westport and Norwalk and along the Merritt Parkway in the same areas and into New Canaan by about 7 a.m.
The DOT and National Weather Service cautioned drivers to travel slowly and safely for the Wednesday morning commute.
All snow showers were expected to end by about sunrise.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Mayor Unveils $40 Million Plan To Expand Danbury High
- 3 Danbury's Henry Abbott Tech Gets State's Seventh E-House
- 4 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Danbury