FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A Blue Ribbon Panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and a lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up before the the fatal derailment in the Bronx, N.Y., to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven Line in Connecticut that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview