FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A Blue Ribbon Panel set up by the Metropolitan Transit Authority released a report berating Metro-North for maintenance problems and a lack of a safety culture, according to amny.com.
The panel was set up before the the fatal derailment in the Bronx, N.Y., to investigate the commuter rail after a derailment on the New Haven Line in Connecticut that injured dozens and an extended power outage, amny.com said.
The panel also concluded that "fundamental rebuilding" within Metro-North needs to take place, amny.com reported.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury