DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Danbury police were called to two robberies at Michaels Jewelers at 132 Federal Road and at Webster Bank at 105 Mill Plain Road that occurred about one hour apart.
- A 35-year-old Danbury man was arrested on charges of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl.
- A Torrington teenage girl who is charged with planning to shoot up Danbury High School is now also suspected of calling in threats to Columbine High School in Colorado.
- The Danbury Police Department has investigated several recent scam attempts and is warning residents to not fall victim.
The Lions Club of Danbury will award up to three $3,000 college scholarships to High School graduates of the Class of 2014.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport