DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Danbury police were called to two robberies at Michaels Jewelers at 132 Federal Road and at Webster Bank at 105 Mill Plain Road that occurred about one hour apart.
- A 35-year-old Danbury man was arrested on charges of sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl.
- A Torrington teenage girl who is charged with planning to shoot up Danbury High School is now also suspected of calling in threats to Columbine High School in Colorado.
- The Danbury Police Department has investigated several recent scam attempts and is warning residents to not fall victim.
The Lions Club of Danbury will award up to three $3,000 college scholarships to High School graduates of the Class of 2014.
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday
- 5 Danbury Could Could See Another Round Of Snow Saturday