DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- A small plane landed short of the runway at Danbury Municipal Airport on Miry Brook Road, ending up in swamp a quarter mile from the runway, and the pilot was rescued by firefighters in a rowboat.
- Danbury Police arrested three men -- Kevin Gallardo, 21, Lenny Gallardo, 22, and Julio Bispo, 20 -- on several counts of narcotics possession and intent to sell after a Harrison Street drug raid.
- The new Waterfall Restaurant at 30 Padanaram Road in Danbury, owned by Elmer Palma, is providing customers with fresh local fish and seafood, American bistro offerings, Mexican specialties and Mediterranean tapas with a view of the Padanaram Brook.
- The rough winter delayed the spring house-selling season in Danbury and Ridgefield, but sales surged in late May and June to give both communities their second best totals in the past five years, according to the quarterly report released by William Pitt Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Cmdr. Daniel Lombardo, a Danbury High School graduate, was named the new commander of the Los Angeles-class attack submarine USS Springfield on July 18.