RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - The father of the 15-month-old baby who died in the car had gone to his place of employment with the child in the car and parked, Ridgefield police said Wednesday morning.
No 911 calls were received about the incident, Ridgefield Police Capt. Jeff Kreitz said. But police determined that the father had parked his car at his workplace in Ridgefield with his son inside.
"Ridgefield detectives are still conducting interviews to ascertain the exact amount of time the 15-month-old was left in the vehicle," Kreitz released in an email at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Police said late Tuesday that after finding his son in the car, the father drove him to Danbury Hospital.
Police say the cause of death is still pending from the Connecticut Medical Examiner's Office.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 2 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 3 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 4 Eversource Repairs Power Outages In Danbury
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer