DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- A 29-year-old Danbury man was stabbed during a dispute over a soccer game at Copacabana Cafe at 12 Ives St.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- The Danbury branch of the Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut will close permanently on Friday, July 25. The Y plans to sell the Boughton Street building.
- Danbury police arrested Sarah Jessie Allen, a 33-year-old Ridgefield woman, on a manslaughter charge in connection with a fatal car accident last November.
- The Western Connecticut State University’s Westside Athletic Complex has become the new home of the Newtown-based, semi-professional soccer team CFC Azul.
- Crumbs Bake Shop , known for its giant cupcakes and unique flavors, closed down its shops nationwide, including its store at the Danbury Fair Mall.