DANBURY, Conn. – Despite a recent setback, Danbury club owners still are hoping to bring back live music and big crowds to the downtown area commonplace in the '90s that have diminished over the past years, reports the NewsTimes.com.
Ian Bick, 19, opened Skyy Bar and Lounge last fall in the space commonly known as Tuxedo Junction located on Ives Street. But it closed earlier this year.
"Unfortunately Skyy Bar was a complete fail," Bick told the NewsTimes.com. "It was too small a space and it just didn't work. What we need to do is attract national bands back to Ives Street."
Bick has spent the last few weeks doing renovations and is set to reopen the club June 13. Performances will include GTA and CongoRock, an Italian electro, house and dance music producer.
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Danbury High Female Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach