Update: DANBURY, Conn. -- The incident has been cleared from the shoulder of I-84 in Danbury, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Original story: DANBURY, Conn. -- The right shoulder of westbound I-84 remains closed Tuesday morning after a tractor-trailer spilled its load, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident occurred between Exit 5 and Exit 4 at about 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, DOT said.
The DOT described the accident as a HAZMAT situation and reported spillage on the shoulder.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the spillage and the shoulder, DOT said.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview