Update: DANBURY, Conn. -- The incident has been cleared from the shoulder of I-84 in Danbury, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Original story: DANBURY, Conn. -- The right shoulder of westbound I-84 remains closed Tuesday morning after a tractor-trailer spilled its load, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident occurred between Exit 5 and Exit 4 at about 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, DOT said.
The DOT described the accident as a HAZMAT situation and reported spillage on the shoulder.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the spillage and the shoulder, DOT said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury