Update: DANBURY, Conn. -- The incident has been cleared from the shoulder of I-84 in Danbury, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Original story: DANBURY, Conn. -- The right shoulder of westbound I-84 remains closed Tuesday morning after a tractor-trailer spilled its load, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident occurred between Exit 5 and Exit 4 at about 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, DOT said.
The DOT described the accident as a HAZMAT situation and reported spillage on the shoulder.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the spillage and the shoulder, DOT said.
- 1 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors