Update: DANBURY, Conn. -- The incident has been cleared from the shoulder of I-84 in Danbury, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Original story: DANBURY, Conn. -- The right shoulder of westbound I-84 remains closed Tuesday morning after a tractor-trailer spilled its load, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident occurred between Exit 5 and Exit 4 at about 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, DOT said.
The DOT described the accident as a HAZMAT situation and reported spillage on the shoulder.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the spillage and the shoulder, DOT said.
- 1 Danbury Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 3 Malloy Promotes Second Chance Society Reforms In Danbury
- 4 Daily Voice Leaders: Farooq Kathwari, CEO Of Danbury's Ethan Allen
- 5 Danbury OKs $238M Budget With 2.4% Tax Hike