Update: DANBURY, Conn. -- The incident has been cleared from the shoulder of I-84 in Danbury, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
Original story: DANBURY, Conn. -- The right shoulder of westbound I-84 remains closed Tuesday morning after a tractor-trailer spilled its load, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The accident occurred between Exit 5 and Exit 4 at about 4:56 a.m. Tuesday, DOT said.
The DOT described the accident as a HAZMAT situation and reported spillage on the shoulder.
It was not clear how long it would take to clear the spillage and the shoulder, DOT said.
- 1 Salsa Fresca Serves Up Fast, Fresh Mexican Fare In Danbury
- 2 Report Says 72 Arrests Were Made At Danbury Schools In 2013
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Danbury Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks