Updated: DANBURY, Conn. -- Eastbound I-84 in Danbury was congested for more than 4 miles on Tuesday afternoon due to a two-vehicle crash that closed the left lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The backup is from Exit 2 to Exit 5. The two-car crash was between Exits 4 and 5. The accident was reported at about 4:30 p.m., DOT said.
The crash scene has been cleared by 5:30 p.m., but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital