Updated: DANBURY, Conn. -- Eastbound I-84 in Danbury was congested for more than 4 miles on Tuesday afternoon due to a two-vehicle crash that closed the left lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The backup is from Exit 2 to Exit 5. The two-car crash was between Exits 4 and 5. The accident was reported at about 4:30 p.m., DOT said.
The crash scene has been cleared by 5:30 p.m., but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Danbury Man Busted On Charges Of Selling Heroin
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near Danbury
- 3 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Former Danbury High Principal Earns Top Honor For Superintendents