Updated: DANBURY, Conn. -- Eastbound I-84 in Danbury was congested for more than 4 miles on Tuesday afternoon due to a two-vehicle crash that closed the left lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The backup is from Exit 2 to Exit 5. The two-car crash was between Exits 4 and 5. The accident was reported at about 4:30 p.m., DOT said.
The crash scene has been cleared by 5:30 p.m., but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Danbury Man Faces Gun Charge After I-684 Stop
- 3 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 4 Deadly Crash, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In Danbury
- 5 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage