Updated: DANBURY, Conn. -- Eastbound I-84 in Danbury was congested for more than 4 miles on Tuesday afternoon due to a two-vehicle crash that closed the left lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The backup is from Exit 2 to Exit 5. The two-car crash was between Exits 4 and 5. The accident was reported at about 4:30 p.m., DOT said.
The crash scene has been cleared by 5:30 p.m., but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport