Update: NORWALK, Conn. -- A 93-year-old man with dementia who left a family member's Norwalk house Monday evening has been located, Norwalk police said Wednesday morning.
Wojciech Piekos is safe in Long Boat Key, Fla., police said. The Longboat Key Police Department has made contact with him and his family, Norwalk police said.
Original story: A 93-year-old man with dementia left a family member's Norwalk house Monday evening to return to his Florida home but never boarded his flight, Norwalk Police said.
Wojciech Piekos took a taxi from the Norwalk residence to LaGuardia Airport at about 8:30 p.m. Monday after a dispute at the home, Norwalk Police Lt. Paul Resnick said.
"His intention was to fly to Miami via JetBlue," Resnick said. "So far our investigation reveals he did not fly to Miami via JetBlue and his whereabouts right now are unknown."
Norwalk Police were notified at 8:22 a.m. Tuesday that Piekos was missing.
The taxi dropped Piekos off at the airport, but what happened to him after that is unknown, Resnick said, and police are concerned for his safety.
Piekos, who is 6 foot, 1 inch tall and weighs 200 pounds, was last seen wearing khaki pants, a yellow Ralph Lauren coat, white sneakers and a light blue checkered coat. He is a resident of Longboat Key, Fla.
- 1 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Fallen Tree Closes Part Of Danbury's Deer Hill Ave., Causes Power Outages
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton