DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury, Ridgefield, Weston, Wilton and Redding could see some messy winter weather, with a possibility of snow, sleet and freezing rain, beginning early Wednesday and lasting throughout the afternoon.
The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory from midnight to 4 p.m. Wednesday for parts of Fairfield County, including Danbury, Ridgefield, Wilton and Weston.
Officials predict up to two inches of snow, a tenth of an inch of ice and temperatures in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Snow and sleet are expected to begin around midnight and mix with or change to freezing rain throughout the day Wednesday.
The National Weather Service cautions the weather could create hazardous travel conditions, especially during the morning commute, and urges people to use caution while driving.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open