DANBURY, Conn. – Danbury, Ridgefield, Weston, Wilton and Redding could see some messy winter weather, with a possibility of snow, sleet and freezing rain, beginning early Wednesday and lasting throughout the afternoon.
The National Weather Service issued a winter weather advisory from midnight to 4 p.m. Wednesday for parts of Fairfield County, including Danbury, Ridgefield, Wilton and Weston.
Officials predict up to two inches of snow, a tenth of an inch of ice and temperatures in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Snow and sleet are expected to begin around midnight and mix with or change to freezing rain throughout the day Wednesday.
The National Weather Service cautions the weather could create hazardous travel conditions, especially during the morning commute, and urges people to use caution while driving.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove