DANBURY, Conn. - Albert G. Applegate of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 12. He was 86.
Applegate was born Aug. 6, 1927, in Beaver Brook, Pa., the son of Robert Hampton Applegate and Hazel Beatrice Hildebrand Applegate. He was a Norwalk resident for many years before relocating to Danbury. He worked for many years as a machinist for Tulox Plastics and Yankee Metal, both in Norwalk. He served in the U.S. Army between World War II and the Korean War.
Applegate is survived by his sister, Margaret Gould of Louden, N.H.; and five nephews and four nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Dorothea Ruth Iliff Applegate; and sisters, Ruth Durishin and Dorothy Hartmayer.
Services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 4 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl