DANBURY, Conn. - Albert G. Applegate of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 12. He was 86.
Applegate was born Aug. 6, 1927, in Beaver Brook, Pa., the son of Robert Hampton Applegate and Hazel Beatrice Hildebrand Applegate. He was a Norwalk resident for many years before relocating to Danbury. He worked for many years as a machinist for Tulox Plastics and Yankee Metal, both in Norwalk. He served in the U.S. Army between World War II and the Korean War.
Applegate is survived by his sister, Margaret Gould of Louden, N.H.; and five nephews and four nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Dorothea Ruth Iliff Applegate; and sisters, Ruth Durishin and Dorothy Hartmayer.
Services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury