DANBURY, Conn. - Albert G. Applegate of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 12. He was 86.
Applegate was born Aug. 6, 1927, in Beaver Brook, Pa., the son of Robert Hampton Applegate and Hazel Beatrice Hildebrand Applegate. He was a Norwalk resident for many years before relocating to Danbury. He worked for many years as a machinist for Tulox Plastics and Yankee Metal, both in Norwalk. He served in the U.S. Army between World War II and the Korean War.
Applegate is survived by his sister, Margaret Gould of Louden, N.H.; and five nephews and four nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Dorothea Ruth Iliff Applegate; and sisters, Ruth Durishin and Dorothy Hartmayer.
Services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Crashes After Fleeing Danbury Police
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury