DANBURY, Conn. - Alta Jean Rosato of Danbury died Monday, Sept. 1. She was 85.
Rosato was born in March 30, 1929, in Yakima, Wash., to Nathan and Myrtle Coontz. A 60-year Danbury resident, she was a member of St. Gregory the Great Church of Danbury. She was a retired retail associate, most recently working for Macy’s.
Rosato is survived by her children, David Rosato of Sandy Hook, Kevin Rosato of New Milford and Catherine Rosato of Danbury; and five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Duillo G. Rosato.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will follow in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery, New Milford.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview