DANBURY, Conn. - Alta Jean Rosato of Danbury died Monday, Sept. 1. She was 85.
Rosato was born in March 30, 1929, in Yakima, Wash., to Nathan and Myrtle Coontz. A 60-year Danbury resident, she was a member of St. Gregory the Great Church of Danbury. She was a retired retail associate, most recently working for Macy’s.
Rosato is survived by her children, David Rosato of Sandy Hook, Kevin Rosato of New Milford and Catherine Rosato of Danbury; and five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Duillo G. Rosato.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will follow in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery, New Milford.
- 1 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach