DANBURY, Conn. - Alta Jean Rosato of Danbury died Monday, Sept. 1. She was 85.
Rosato was born in March 30, 1929, in Yakima, Wash., to Nathan and Myrtle Coontz. A 60-year Danbury resident, she was a member of St. Gregory the Great Church of Danbury. She was a retired retail associate, most recently working for Macy’s.
Rosato is survived by her children, David Rosato of Sandy Hook, Kevin Rosato of New Milford and Catherine Rosato of Danbury; and five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Duillo G. Rosato.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will follow in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery, New Milford.
- 1 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 2 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Construction To Close I-684 Ramp