DANBURY, Conn. - Alta Jean Rosato of Danbury died Monday, Sept. 1. She was 85.
Rosato was born in March 30, 1929, in Yakima, Wash., to Nathan and Myrtle Coontz. A 60-year Danbury resident, she was a member of St. Gregory the Great Church of Danbury. She was a retired retail associate, most recently working for Macy’s.
Rosato is survived by her children, David Rosato of Sandy Hook, Kevin Rosato of New Milford and Catherine Rosato of Danbury; and five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Duillo G. Rosato.
Calling hours are Friday, Sept. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9 Granville Ave., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, at St. Gregory the Great Church, 85 Great Plain Road, Danbury. Interment will follow in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery, New Milford.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport