DANBURY, Conn. - Andrew V. Repko died Jan. 10. He was 82.
Repko was born April 20, 1931, in Danbury; son of Andrew and Marion Siski Repko. He was a lifelong Danbury resident. He attended Danbury Public Schools and was a 1950 graduate of Danbury High School. After high school he joined the Navy and served during the Korean War. On his return he began his career as a roofer with Repko & Sons Roofing until his retirement in 2006. He was a scuba diver and owned and operated Repko's Scuba Diving in the early 1960's.
Repko is survived by his sons, Andrew V. Repko III of New Milford and Alan Repko (Siobhan) of Danbury; two grandchildren; sisters, Helen Wahlstrom (Dave), Nancy Piskura (Joseph), Pauline Basso and Patricia Repko; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Monday, Jan. 13 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14 at St. Joseph Church, Danbury, with the Rev. Samuel Scott, Pastor, officiating. Burial will be at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Repko's memory may be made to the Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
For more information, please visit: http://www.thegreenfuneralhome.com
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast