DANBURY, Conn. - Ann (Timan) Rossi of Danbury died Thursday, Jan. 15. She was 87.
Rossi was born Dec. 13, 1926, in Danbury; daughter of Michael Sr. and Mary (Zuzalock) Timan. She attended local schools and graduated from Danbury High School in the class of 1944. A retired banker with the former City Trust Company of Danbury, she was a member of the Catholic War Veterans Auxiliary and St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church of Danbury where she was a member of the former Altar Society and Golden Dome Bakers.
Rossi is survived by a daughter, Ava Chervansky (Michael) of Huntington; son, Arnold J. Rossi, MD (Bella) of West Hartford; brothers, Michael Timan and Frank Timan (Angela) all of Danbury; four grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Arnold J. Rossi, Sr.
Calling hours are Tuesday, Jan. 21 from 9 to 10 a.m. at St. Ann Melkite Catholic Church, 181 Clapboard Ridge Road, (Rt. 39N), Danbury. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 10:30 a.m. in St. Ann Church with the Rev. Fr. John Cigan of St. Nicholas Byzantine Catholic Church of Danbury officiating. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Contributions in Rossi’s memory may be made to St. Nicholas Church Building Fund, 13 Pembroke Rd., Danbury, CT 06811.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com/
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview