DANBURY, Conn. - Antonio Pina Fonseca of Danbury died Thursday, Aug. 7. He was 88.
Fonseca was born Nov. 17, 1925, in Fornoteheiro, Portugal, to Miquel and Lydia (dePina) Fonseca. He moved to the United States in 1966 and was employed by Republic Foil for 23 years until his retirement in 1993. He was a member of the Sons of Portugal Band until 2013. He was a parishioner of Immaculate Heart of Mary Church and a member of the Portuguese American Club.
Fonseca is survived by his wife, Maria Augusta Fonseca; two grandchildren; son-in-law, Carlos DeAlmeida Sr. of Danbury; daughter, Lydia of Danbury; a great grandson; siblings, Natalia Fonseca of Rhode Island, Celia and Ida of Portugal; several cousins; nieces, nephews; and many friends. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother Afonso Costa of Rhode Island.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30am on Monday August 11th in the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Danbury. Burial will be in Saint Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
The Green Funeral Home, 57 Main Street, Danbury are entrusted with the arrangements.
- 1 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 2 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 3 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home
- 4 Danbury Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Danbury With Snow, Ice In Forecast