DANBURY, Conn. - Arabel E. Wicks of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 26. She was 92.
Wicks was born May 25, 1921, in Corona, and was the daughter of William and Arabel (Morgan) Wicks, Sr. She lived in Flushing, where she attended school and later lived in Phoenix, Ariz., and Danbury. She worked as a secretary for the Morris Street School and later for the Lombardi Insurance Agency. She was a longtime member of the Long Ridge United Methodist Church.
Wicks is survived by her brothers, William P. Wicks, Jr. (Mildred), Edward A. Wicks (Ann), Donald Wicks (Luise), all of Danbury; sisters-in-law, Christine Wicks of Phoenix, Ariz., and Sonya Wicks of East Long Meadow, Mass.; and several nieces, nephews and their families. She was predeceased by her parents; and brothers, Gerard R. and Herbert A. Wicks.
There will be no calling hours. Memorial services will be held at a later date.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Arabel-Wicks&lc=6777&pid=169894207&mid=5874170
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Danbury Man, 67, Gets 10 Years In Prison For Leading Drug Ring
- 4 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport