DANBURY, Conn. - Arabel E. Wicks of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 26. She was 92.
Wicks was born May 25, 1921, in Corona, and was the daughter of William and Arabel (Morgan) Wicks, Sr. She lived in Flushing, where she attended school and later lived in Phoenix, Ariz., and Danbury. She worked as a secretary for the Morris Street School and later for the Lombardi Insurance Agency. She was a longtime member of the Long Ridge United Methodist Church.
Wicks is survived by her brothers, William P. Wicks, Jr. (Mildred), Edward A. Wicks (Ann), Donald Wicks (Luise), all of Danbury; sisters-in-law, Christine Wicks of Phoenix, Ariz., and Sonya Wicks of East Long Meadow, Mass.; and several nieces, nephews and their families. She was predeceased by her parents; and brothers, Gerard R. and Herbert A. Wicks.
There will be no calling hours. Memorial services will be held at a later date.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Arabel-Wicks&lc=6777&pid=169894207&mid=5874170
- 1 Danbury Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man On Sex Assault Charges
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday