NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Carolyn DaSilva of New Fairfield, formerly of Danbury, died Monday, June 16. She was 84.
DaSilva was born Aug. 19, 1930, in Lee, Mass. While in high school, she worked at a pin factory in town. After graduating from high school, she moved to Danbury to attend Nursing College at Danbury Hospital. After graduating from the nursing school with an RN designation, she went on to spend a career in nursing at Danbury Hospital that spanned 45 years.
She was a parishioner of St. Edward the Confessor Church in New Fairfield. She was married to Anthony P. DaSilva Sr.
DaSilva is survived by her son, Anthony P. DaSilva Jr. (Karen C.); and three grandchildren.
Calling hours are Thursday, June 19, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, June 20, at St. Edward the Confessor Church in New Fairfield. The burial will immediately follow the Mass, and a reception will be held at the church thereafter.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced