DANBURY, Conn. - Charles David Morehouse of Danbury died Thursday, April 17. He was 83.
Morehouse was born Dec. 6, 1930, in Danbury, he was the son of Charles W. and Frieda (McNeil) Morehouse. He attended Danbury schools, graduated from Danbury High School in the class of 1948 and attended Danbury State Teachers College. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army serving during the Korean War era. A retired machinist, he was a long time employee of Sperry Rail Service and National Can Company.
Morehouse is survived by his wife, Carolyn; brother, Gordon Morehouse (Linda) of Southbury; children, Charles David Morehouse, Jr., Robert Morehouse, Nancy Yamin and Susan St. Hilaire all of Danbury and William Morehouse (Taralee) of Zephyrhills, Fla.; nine grandchildren; nephews and niece; and six great grandchildren.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 22 after 6 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. Funeral services will take place Tuesday, April 22 at 7 p.m. in the funeral home with Rev. Carolyn Legg officiating.
Contributions may be made to the American Lung Association, 45 Ash St., East Hartford, CT 06108.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Restaurant Pleads Guilty To Tax Evasion
- 2 Police Detail Sex Assault Charges Against Danbury High Teacher
- 3 Danbury Man Killed In I-684 Crash
- 4 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 5 Danbury Police: Nanny-Cam Shows Trauma Suffered By Girl Burned On Stove