DANBURY, Conn. - Raymond R. Elumba of Danbury died Jan. 30. He was 76.
Elumba was born April 26, 1937, in Mineola, Long Island, N.Y. He graduated from Wright Technical School in Stamford. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1956 and served as a communications tech.
He worked as the store manager for Food Fair/Pantry Pride in Danbury, and worked 24 years for Waldbaums/A&P until he retired in 2003 as the director of personnel.
Elumba is survived by his wife, Susan (Bell) Elumba; children, Nancy E. Marden (Robert) of Brookfield, Lynn E. Meyers (Adam) of Southbury, Raymond G. Elumba and fiancé, Shakeina Murray of Danbury and Loraine S. Elumba of Danbury; sister, Anita McCann; brother, Sean Elumba; sister, Cheryl Shannon; and 10 grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 6, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury, with a service to be held at the funeral home at 7:30 p.m. Interment will be private.
- 1 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Danbury, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors