DANBURY, Conn. - Raymond R. Elumba of Danbury died Jan. 30. He was 76.
Elumba was born April 26, 1937, in Mineola, Long Island, N.Y. He graduated from Wright Technical School in Stamford. He joined the U.S. Navy in 1956 and served as a communications tech.
He worked as the store manager for Food Fair/Pantry Pride in Danbury, and worked 24 years for Waldbaums/A&P until he retired in 2003 as the director of personnel.
Elumba is survived by his wife, Susan (Bell) Elumba; children, Nancy E. Marden (Robert) of Brookfield, Lynn E. Meyers (Adam) of Southbury, Raymond G. Elumba and fiancé, Shakeina Murray of Danbury and Loraine S. Elumba of Danbury; sister, Anita McCann; brother, Sean Elumba; sister, Cheryl Shannon; and 10 grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 6, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury, with a service to be held at the funeral home at 7:30 p.m. Interment will be private.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Malloy Brings Transportation Vision To Danbury, Calls For Widening Of I-84
- 3 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Danbury
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Danbury, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Police: Danbury Resident Pepper Sprays Men Breaking Into His Home