DANBURY, Conn. - Doreen A. Risley of Danbury, formerly of Lake Carmel, N.Y., died Monday, May 12. She was 68.
Risley was born May 7, 1946, in Mt. Vernon, N.Y., and was the daughter of Edmund and Dorothy Graham. As a child she relocated with her parents to Daytona Beach, Fla., returning to Westchester County, N.Y., where she attended local schools and graduated from Pleasantville High School in the class of 1964. A homemaker, she moved to Danbury in 1994 from Lake Carmel. As a Danbury resident, she was employed with the Danbury Board of Education as a special education tutor for 12 years. She retired two years ago.
Risley is survived by her husband, Bill; daughter, Kristi O’Malley; sons, Paul Risley and William Risley, Jr.; sister, Barbara Walsh; step-brother, Bradley Franke; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and brother, John Graham.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 17 from 2 to 5 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury. Inurnment will take place at Wooster Cemetery, Danbury at the direction of the family.
- 1 Man Faces Multiple Charges After Two-State Chase That Ended In Danbury
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 5 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk