DANBURY, Conn. - Doris Rothman of Danbury died Wednesday, Feb. 12. She was 96.
Rothman was born June 19, 1917, the daughter of Sarah and Abe Cohen. She was a native of Montreal, Quebec. She attended Montreal’s public schools. Her first job was in a Montreal residential buying office. She later worked in a law firm.
Rothman is survived by her husband, Manny; son, Joseph (Linda) of Stamford; three grandchildren; and two great-granddaughters. She was predeceased by her daughter, Malvina Rothman; and brothers, Joe Cohen and Eddie Cohen.
Funeral services will be held at noon Sunday, Feb. 16, at the United Jewish Center, 141 Deer Hill Ave., Danbury, with Rabbi Clifford E. Librach, officiating. Burial will follow in the United Jewish Center Cemetery, Gray’s Bridge Road, Brookfield.
Donations may be made in Rothman’s memory to the Alzheimer’s Association, Connecticut Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Danbury
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Off To A Great Start: Kindergarten Registration Begins In Danbury
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm