DANBURY, Conn. - Dorothy (Grace) Freitas of Danbury died Tuesday, March 4. She was 86.
Freitas was born Oct. 22, 1927, in New Bedford, Mass., the daughter of Manuel and Maria (Joaquim) Gracia. She received her education in New Bedford and was employed as a seamstress in New Bedford. After she moved to Danbury, she worked at Risdon Manufacturing, National Semiconductor and retired from American Cyanamid in 1986.
Freitas is survived by her husband, John Freitas, Sr.; son, John, Jr. (Cathy) of Maple Grove, Minn.; daughter Janice (Edward) Strait of Brewster, Mass.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and sisters, Eleanor Casteel and Maria (Lucy) Pelton.
A Graveside Service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, March 7 at Pine Grove Cemetery in New Bedford, Mass.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Freitas’ memory may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT Hospice, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
The Bouton & Reynolds Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford, CT 06905-4304 | 203-327-9800 are in charge of arrangements.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 4 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 5 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account