DANBURY, Conn. - Dorothy (Grace) Freitas of Danbury died Tuesday, March 4. She was 86.
Freitas was born Oct. 22, 1927, in New Bedford, Mass., the daughter of Manuel and Maria (Joaquim) Gracia. She received her education in New Bedford and was employed as a seamstress in New Bedford. After she moved to Danbury, she worked at Risdon Manufacturing, National Semiconductor and retired from American Cyanamid in 1986.
Freitas is survived by her husband, John Freitas, Sr.; son, John, Jr. (Cathy) of Maple Grove, Minn.; daughter Janice (Edward) Strait of Brewster, Mass.; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and sisters, Eleanor Casteel and Maria (Lucy) Pelton.
A Graveside Service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, March 7 at Pine Grove Cemetery in New Bedford, Mass.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Freitas’ memory may be made to the Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT Hospice, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810.
The Bouton & Reynolds Funeral Home, 2900 Summer St., Stamford, CT 06905-4304 | 203-327-9800 are in charge of arrangements.
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced