DANBURY, Conn. - Edward R. Nejame Sr., a lifelong resident of Danbury, died Feb. 21. He was 82.
Nejame was born June. 26, 1931, in Danbury, he was the son of Thomas and Lillian George Nejame. He attended St. Peter's School, South Street School and graduated from Danbury High School in 1949. He worked in the family's grocery store, Thomas Nejame IGA Food Market as a butcher and managed the store, alongside his mother, until 1971.
At that time, he went into the home improvement and swimming pool business, NeJame Co. Inc., along with his brother-in-law. In 1986, he partnered with his sons and together they established Nejame & Sons into one of the largest swimming pool companies in the Northeast.
Nejame is survived by his children, Thomas (Jackie) of Danbury, Jennifer (Barry) Parish of Hershey, Pa., Edward Jr. (Caron) of Danbury; Gregory (Sheila) of New Fairfield; seven grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Lucille Barbarotto Nejame; and sister, Elaine NeJame.
A Rite of Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 24, at St. Ann Melkite Church, 181 Clapboard Ridge Road, Danbury, with the Right Rev. Michael K. Skrocki, Pastor, officiating. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
For more information, please visit the online memorial.
- 1 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 4 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'
- 5 Danbury Billionaire Delays Construction To Keep Kids Soccer Fields Open