DANBURY, Conn. - Elaine Pease Wojnilko of Danbury, formerly of Bethel, died Wednesday, May 7. She was 86.
Wojnilko was born in Yonkers, daughter of Charles Russell Pease and Eliza Margaret Shuler. She graduated from high school in Yonkers. She had lived in Bethel for many years and worked as a waitress in local restaurants and went on to work as an inspector for the Barden Corporation and as a receptionist for the former Perkin Elmer Company of Danbury, prior to retirement. She was a longtime member of Sacred Heart of Jesus Church.
Wojnilko is survived by her daughter, Paula Kennedy (Donald) of Danbury; five grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John Wojnilko; sisters: Lydie, Margaret, Mabel, Florence, Roberta, Annette, Lillian; brother, Charles Pease; and granddaughter, Heather Kennedy.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 10 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 10 at Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. Interment will follow in St. Peter Cemetery.
- 1 Head Of Bikram Yoga, With Danbury Location, Faces Sex Assault Allegations
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Danbury Business Takes New Approach To Funerals
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Danbury
- 5 Danbury Teen Serves As Chris Murphy's First Page In U.S. Senate