DANBURY, Conn. - Elaine Pease Wojnilko of Danbury, formerly of Bethel, died Wednesday, May 7. She was 86.
Wojnilko was born in Yonkers, daughter of Charles Russell Pease and Eliza Margaret Shuler. She graduated from high school in Yonkers. She had lived in Bethel for many years and worked as a waitress in local restaurants and went on to work as an inspector for the Barden Corporation and as a receptionist for the former Perkin Elmer Company of Danbury, prior to retirement. She was a longtime member of Sacred Heart of Jesus Church.
Wojnilko is survived by her daughter, Paula Kennedy (Donald) of Danbury; five grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John Wojnilko; sisters: Lydie, Margaret, Mabel, Florence, Roberta, Annette, Lillian; brother, Charles Pease; and granddaughter, Heather Kennedy.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 10 from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 10 at Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. Interment will follow in St. Peter Cemetery.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspected Drug Dealer Busted With Crack, Heroin, Danbury Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Danbury
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Danbury
- 5 Ten-Year-Old Debuts In Danbury Palace's 'Scrooge: The Musical'