DANBURY, Conn. - Elberta V. McCormack of Danbury died March 8. She was 98.
McCormack was born Jan. 26, 1916, in Worcester, Mass., the daughter of Charles and Bertha (Bartlett) Akers. Educated in Massachusetts, she was a graduate of Becker College with an Associates Degree in Business. She worked in the secretarial field for several years. She had been a resident of Danbury for over 70 years.
McCormack is survived by her children, Barbara Cyr (Richard) of Bethel, Judy Lynch (Joseph) of Danbury, Deborah Azzarito (Tony) of Pasa Robles, Calif., and James McCormack of Rutland, Vt.; daughter-in-law, Carol McCormack of Pittsford, Vt.; 11 grandchildren; 10 great grandchildren; and a great great grandchild. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, John T. McCormack; and son, William McCormack.
There are no calling hours. Services will be private and at the convenience of the family.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Elberta-McCormack&lc=6777&pid=170108074&mid=5886514
- 1 Danbury Police Arrest 52-Year-Old Man On Sex Assault Charges
- 2 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Danbury For Saturday