DANBURY, Conn. - Elizabeth (Ciotti) Masten of Danbury, formerly of Ridgefield, died Tuesday, June 10. She was 99.
Masten was born Oct. 28, 1914, in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of Antonio and Virginia (Tossi) Ciotti. She moved with her family from Bridgeport to Ridgefield where she attended Ridgefield schools. She moved to Danbury in 1981 after the passing of her husband to make her home with her daughter, Kathleen. She was a retired electronics assembler with Digitech of Danbury.
Masten is survived by her daughters, Kathleen Kearney of Danbury and Patricia Battaglioli (Anthony) of Ridgefield; son, John E. Masten (Susan) of Granite Quarry, N.C.; sister, Virginia Bassett of Monroe; seven grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; a great great grandchild; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Edgar J. Masten; brothers, Vincenzo, Angelo, Antonio, Robert, Tito, Joseph and Richard; and sisters, Victoria Toth, Rose Petersen, Ida Venezia and Antoinette Ciotti.
Calling hours are Saturday, June 14 from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, June 14 at 10:15 a.m. in St. Mary Church, 55 Catoonah St., Ridgefield. Burial will follow in St. Mary Cemetery, Ridgefield.
- 1 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Apartments Rising At 1 Kennedy Flats Development In Downtown Danbury