DANBURY, Conn. - Elizabeth (Ciotti) Masten of Danbury, formerly of Ridgefield, died Tuesday, June 10. She was 99.
Masten was born Oct. 28, 1914, in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of Antonio and Virginia (Tossi) Ciotti. She moved with her family from Bridgeport to Ridgefield where she attended Ridgefield schools. She moved to Danbury in 1981 after the passing of her husband to make her home with her daughter, Kathleen. She was a retired electronics assembler with Digitech of Danbury.
Masten is survived by her daughters, Kathleen Kearney of Danbury and Patricia Battaglioli (Anthony) of Ridgefield; son, John E. Masten (Susan) of Granite Quarry, N.C.; sister, Virginia Bassett of Monroe; seven grandchildren; seven great grandchildren; a great great grandchild; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Edgar J. Masten; brothers, Vincenzo, Angelo, Antonio, Robert, Tito, Joseph and Richard; and sisters, Victoria Toth, Rose Petersen, Ida Venezia and Antoinette Ciotti.
Calling hours are Saturday, June 14 from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday, June 14 at 10:15 a.m. in St. Mary Church, 55 Catoonah St., Ridgefield. Burial will follow in St. Mary Cemetery, Ridgefield.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 3 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning
- 4 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 5 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account