DANBURY, Conn. - Elizabeth “Betty” Wichman of Danbury died Tuesday, Feb. 25. She was 76.
Wichman was born Aug. 12, 1937, to Charles and Elizabeth (Stahl) Wichman. She was a long time employee of the Barden Corporation. She was also an evening sales clerk at the family owned business, Central Package Store of Bethel.
Wichman is survived by her nieces, Cynthia Lucas (Chester) of New Fairfield, Susan Wichman of Danbury and Samantha Conrad (Mark) of New Milford; nephew, Jonathan Wichman (Lenore) of Bethel; sister-in-law, Louise Wichman of Danbury; and grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and brothers, Charles, Robert and William Wichman.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury with a Wake Service at 6 pm. Funeral services will take place at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 1 in the funeral home with Fr. Dennis J. Mason, OFM Conv. of Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish, Danbury officiating. Interment will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
- 1 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 3 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 4 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You