DANBURY, Conn. - Evelyn Rose Greer of Danbury died Sunday, March 20. She was 94.
Greer was born Jan. 23, 1920, she was the daughter of Louis and Ida (Katzenbogen) Siegel, in Little Rock, Ark. She attended Little Rock public schools and the University of Illinois. She held a variety of sales positions and was, most recently, a retired telemarketer. A resident of Danbury for the past four years coming from the Edgemont area of New York, she was a member of Congregation of Emanu-El of Westchester.
Greer is survived by her daughter, Iris; son, Gary; son-in-law, John Gilligan of Danbury; daughter-in-law, Sandy Greer of Chandler, Ariz.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Jerome Greer.
A private graveside funeral services was held in Union Field Cemetery of Congregation Rodeph Sholom, Ridgewood, N.Y.
The family will receive friends in the Jowdy-Kane Funeral Home, 9-11 Granville Ave., Danbury one hour prior to services. A Celebration of Life will take place Friday, June 6 at 11 a.m. in the funeral home, with Rabbi Jon Haddon officiating.
Memorial contributions, in Greer’s memory may be made to Congregation Emanu-El of Westchester, Rye, N.Y., or to a charity of your choice.
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Danbury High Female Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach