DANBURY, Conn. - Faye E. Cawley, a lifelong resident of Danbury, died Feb. 15. She was 75.
Cawley was born March 22, 1938, in Danbury, the daughter of Carmen and Theresa (Wood) Melillo. She was a graduate of Danbury High School and the American School of Hairdressing. She was a hairdresser at Melillo Hairstylist. She also worked for Kelly Services at Risdon and in the family business at Melillo Flower Shop, and was the owner and proprietor of the 7-Eleven in Bethel until her retirement.
Cawley is survived by her children, James Cawley (Judy) of Brookfield, Lori DeBiase (Joe) of New Milford, Christopher Cawley (Deborah) of New Milford; brother, Robert Melillo (Susan) of New Fairfield; sister, Donna Osiecki (Chet) of New Fairfield; and six grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, James H. Cawley.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 19, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 20, at St. Edward the Confessor Church, 21 Brush Hill Road, New Fairfield. Interment will follow at St Peter Cemetery.
Contributions may be made in Cawley's name to Regional Hospice of Western Connecticut, 39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury CT 06810.
- 1 Danbury Man, 22, Pleads Guilty To Stealing Nearly $300K From Investors
- 2 2 Arrested As Food Fight Turns Violent At Denny's In Danbury
- 3 Fallen Tree Closes Part Of Danbury's Deer Hill Ave., Causes Power Outages
- 4 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 5 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton