DANBURY, Conn. - Francis (Donise) Ramey of Danbury died Friday, June 13. She was 93.
Ramey was born April 27, 1923, in Sicily, Italy, the daughter of Aurelio and Rosaria (Giarratano) Donise. She came to the United States in 1926, first settling in Pennsylvania. She attended school in Oliphant, Pa., and graduated from Oliphant High School in the Class of 1939. A retired employee of the Barden Corp., she was employed there for 30 years from 1953 until her retirement in 1983. She was a member of St. Anthony Maronite Catholic Church of Danbury.
Ramey is survived by her sons, Dennis Ramey (Michelle) and Wayne Ramey (Joanne); four grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Harry J. Ramey; and siblings, Carmela Alibro and John Donise.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17, from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. at St. Anthony Maronite Church, 17 Granville Ave., Danbury. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, June 17, at 10 a.m. in St. Anthony Maronite Catholic Church, with the Rev. Naji J. Kiwan, pastor, officiating. Interment will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
For more information, visit www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Danbury High Administrator Leaving For Post At Stamford High
- 3 Aquarion Water Warns Customers To Beware Of Fake Employees After Burglaries
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Blumenthal, Murphy Demand End To 'Default' Gun Sales After Charleston