DANBURY, Conn. - Francis (Donise) Ramey of Danbury died Friday, June 13. She was 93.
Ramey was born April 27, 1923, in Sicily, Italy, the daughter of Aurelio and Rosaria (Giarratano) Donise. She came to the United States in 1926, first settling in Pennsylvania. She attended school in Oliphant, Pa., and graduated from Oliphant High School in the Class of 1939. A retired employee of the Barden Corp., she was employed there for 30 years from 1953 until her retirement in 1983. She was a member of St. Anthony Maronite Catholic Church of Danbury.
Ramey is survived by her sons, Dennis Ramey (Michelle) and Wayne Ramey (Joanne); four grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Harry J. Ramey; and siblings, Carmela Alibro and John Donise.
Calling hours are Tuesday, June 17, from 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. at St. Anthony Maronite Church, 17 Granville Ave., Danbury. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be celebrated Tuesday, June 17, at 10 a.m. in St. Anthony Maronite Catholic Church, with the Rev. Naji J. Kiwan, pastor, officiating. Interment will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
For more information, visit www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Danbury Man Faces Drug Charges After Attack On Car
- 3 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital