DANBURY, Conn. - Georgette Louise (Kourt) Michael of Danbury died Tuesday, July 15. She was 90.
Michael was born Oct. 5, 1923, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and raised as an Eastern Orthodox parishioner in Brooklyn, N.Y. After her marriage she moved to Danbury with her husband and became a lifelong member of St. Anthony's Maronite Catholic Church on Granville Avenue. She was member of: the St. Anthony's Women's Guild and the Lebanon American Club Auxiliary and served as an officer and board member in both. She worked for many years at Davis & Geck in Danbury and retired as a supervisor.
Michael is survived by her children, Dennis Michael (Eileen) of Old Forge, N.Y., Gary Michael Sr. (Pam) of Danbury, and Louise Michael-Duncan (Charles A.) of Danbury; seven grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many friends and relatives in Danbury; Hempstead, Long Island; Brooklyn, N.Y; and New Jersey. She was predeceased by her husband, Nicholas Michael.
There will be no calling hours. The Liturgy of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 19, at St. Anthony's Maronite Catholic Church, 17 Granville Ave., Danbury with the Rev. Naji Kiwan, Pastor, officiating. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
For more information, visit Green Funeral Home
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Man Apprehended After Assault, Police Chase That Ends On Danbury Border
- 5 Eversource Reports Power Outages In Danbury