DANBURY, Conn. - Georgette Louise (Kourt) Michael of Danbury died Tuesday, July 15. She was 90.
Michael was born Oct. 5, 1923, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and raised as an Eastern Orthodox parishioner in Brooklyn, N.Y. After her marriage she moved to Danbury with her husband and became a lifelong member of St. Anthony's Maronite Catholic Church on Granville Avenue. She was member of: the St. Anthony's Women's Guild and the Lebanon American Club Auxiliary and served as an officer and board member in both. She worked for many years at Davis & Geck in Danbury and retired as a supervisor.
Michael is survived by her children, Dennis Michael (Eileen) of Old Forge, N.Y., Gary Michael Sr. (Pam) of Danbury, and Louise Michael-Duncan (Charles A.) of Danbury; seven grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many friends and relatives in Danbury; Hempstead, Long Island; Brooklyn, N.Y; and New Jersey. She was predeceased by her husband, Nicholas Michael.
There will be no calling hours. The Liturgy of the Resurrection will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 19, at St. Anthony's Maronite Catholic Church, 17 Granville Ave., Danbury with the Rev. Naji Kiwan, Pastor, officiating. Burial will follow in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
For more information, visit Green Funeral Home
- 1 Danbury Nanny Charged With Intentionally Burning 3-Year-Old Girl
- 2 Danbury High Female Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student
- 3 Snow Could Return To Danbury For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach