DANBURY, Conn. - Gertrudis Acosta of Danbury died Sunday, April 6. She was 97.
Acosta was born in the Dominican Republic. She was the daughter of Damaso Marciaq and Julia Fontana Devers. She attended schools in the Dominican Republic and immigrated to the United States in 1962. She had worked at Danbury Hospital in the housekeeping department.
Acosta is survived by her sons, Raymond Acosta (Mercedes) of Cromwell and Rolando Acosta of Danbury; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; two brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 9, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury, with a service to be held at 7:30 p.m. Entombment will take place at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, at St. Peter Cemetery Mausoleum.
- 1 Danbury Police: Man Arrested On Drug Charges After Ramming Unmarked Car
- 2 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Danbury
- 3 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 4 Ole Mexican Grill Serves Up New Options Near Danbury's WestConn
- 5 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire