DANBURY, Conn. - Gertrudis Acosta of Danbury died Sunday, April 6. She was 97.
Acosta was born in the Dominican Republic. She was the daughter of Damaso Marciaq and Julia Fontana Devers. She attended schools in the Dominican Republic and immigrated to the United States in 1962. She had worked at Danbury Hospital in the housekeeping department.
Acosta is survived by her sons, Raymond Acosta (Mercedes) of Cromwell and Rolando Acosta of Danbury; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; two brothers; and a sister.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 9, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury, with a service to be held at 7:30 p.m. Entombment will take place at 12:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, at St. Peter Cemetery Mausoleum.
- 1 Bridgeport Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Danbury
- 2 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 3 Danbury High Runners Win FCIAC Cross Country Crown
- 4 'Real Housewives' Star To Serve Prison Time In Danbury
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola