DANBURY, Conn. - Guilherme F. "Mr. B." Bernardino of Danbury died Saturday, Aug. 9. He was 83.
Bernardino was born Oct. 28, 1930, in Vila Franca da Serra, Portugal, to Manuel and Maria Augusta Ferreira Bernardino. He moved to the United States in 1959 and was employed by Castro Convertible for many years and in 1976 started his own business, Bernardino's Furniture on Main Street in Danbury with his wife Aurora, retiring in 2006.
Bernardino is survived by his wife, Aurora; daughter, Helena (Bernardino) Skinner of Weymouth, Mass.; two grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and extended family members. He was predeceased by his parents; son, Francisco Bernardino; son-in-law, Richard J. Skinner; and siblings, Albertina F. Bernardino, Natividad Bernardino, Maria de Jesus Mello and Antonio Bernardino.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 in the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Deer Hill Ave., Danbury. Burial will be in Saint Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
In lieu of flowers, make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Donor Services, P.O. Box 4072 Pittsfield, MA 01202 or http://www.lls.org
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 3 Danbury's Ives Park Features Grateful Dead Anniversary Concert Simulcast
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Danbury Police Search For Missing 14-Year-Old Girl