DANBURY, Conn. - Guilherme F. "Mr. B." Bernardino of Danbury died Saturday, Aug. 9. He was 83.
Bernardino was born Oct. 28, 1930, in Vila Franca da Serra, Portugal, to Manuel and Maria Augusta Ferreira Bernardino. He moved to the United States in 1959 and was employed by Castro Convertible for many years and in 1976 started his own business, Bernardino's Furniture on Main Street in Danbury with his wife Aurora, retiring in 2006.
Bernardino is survived by his wife, Aurora; daughter, Helena (Bernardino) Skinner of Weymouth, Mass.; two grandchildren; many nieces, nephews; and extended family members. He was predeceased by his parents; son, Francisco Bernardino; son-in-law, Richard J. Skinner; and siblings, Albertina F. Bernardino, Natividad Bernardino, Maria de Jesus Mello and Antonio Bernardino.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Aug. 13 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14 in the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Deer Hill Ave., Danbury. Burial will be in Saint Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
In lieu of flowers, make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Donor Services, P.O. Box 4072 Pittsfield, MA 01202 or http://www.lls.org
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Teens Form Flash Mob In Danbury To Promote Fairfield County Giving Day