DANBURY, Conn. - Hong Ok Kim of Danbury died Thursday, May 8. She was 78.
Kim was born in South Korea, she was the daughter of Yon Ku Kim and Hwa Sun Yi. She attended schools in South Korea and immigrated to the United States in 1983. She had worked for the Fairfield Processing Company, prior to her retirement. She has been a longtime member of the Connecticut Korean Sarang Church of Danbury.
Kim is survived by her children, Yong Nam Kim (Misook) Park of South Korea, Hana Kim of Brookfield, Yong Sik Kim (Munyong) of Brookfield, Yong Sun YI (David) of Brookfield and Julia Ong (Guy) of Roxbury; nine grandchildren; and two great grandchildren in South Korea. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Gil Hyon Kim.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, May 12 at the Congregational Church of Roxbury, 24 Church St., Roxbury. Interment will follow in Roxbury Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Hong+Ok-Kim&lc=6777&pid=170960178&mid=5961956
- 1 Tractor-Trailer Slams Into Danbury Home At Bottom Of Slippery Hill
- 2 Danbury Police Charge Man, 36, With Attempted Murder
- 3 Danbury Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Danbury
- 5 Teens Form Flash Mob In Danbury To Promote Fairfield County Giving Day