DANBURY, Conn. - Hong Ok Kim of Danbury died Thursday, May 8. She was 78.
Kim was born in South Korea, she was the daughter of Yon Ku Kim and Hwa Sun Yi. She attended schools in South Korea and immigrated to the United States in 1983. She had worked for the Fairfield Processing Company, prior to her retirement. She has been a longtime member of the Connecticut Korean Sarang Church of Danbury.
Kim is survived by her children, Yong Nam Kim (Misook) Park of South Korea, Hana Kim of Brookfield, Yong Sik Kim (Munyong) of Brookfield, Yong Sun YI (David) of Brookfield and Julia Ong (Guy) of Roxbury; nine grandchildren; and two great grandchildren in South Korea. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Gil Hyon Kim.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, May 12 at the Congregational Church of Roxbury, 24 Church St., Roxbury. Interment will follow in Roxbury Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Hong+Ok-Kim&lc=6777&pid=170960178&mid=5961956
- 1 Danbury Home Renovated By HGTV's 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Danbury Man Faces Gun Charge After I-684 Stop
- 4 Deadly Crash, Tick Warnings Top Week's News In Danbury
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train