BAREFOOT BAY, Fla. - James (Jimmy) Bassett, of Barefoot Bay, and formerly of Danbury, Conn., died Aug. 20. He was 57.
Bassett was born Sept. 20, 1956, in Danbury, Conn., to Jim and Grace Bassett formerly of Danbury. He graduated from Danbury High School and attended Western Connecticut State University. He worked as a printer since high school. After retiring he moved to Florida.
Bassett is survived by his wife Sue; brother Glen Bassett (Beth) of Brewster, Mass.; sisters, Lori Hubina (Paul) of Newtown, Wendy Weyer of Danbury and Allison Sagnelli of Brookfield; sisters-in-law, Maureen Hoock of St. Louis, Mo., and Eileen McCann of Trumbull; brother-in-law, Terry Sheehan of Trumbull; nieces and nephews; and four great nephews and nieces. He was predeceased by his parents; and in-laws, Marge and Bob Sheehan formerly of Trumbull.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 25 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury, with a prayer service to take place at 6 p.m. The cremains will be scattered privately by his family in some very special places at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Breast Friends of Florida, 1103 Hibiscus Blvd. Suite 405, Melbourne, FL 32901 or The Humane Society Vero Beach & Indian River County P.O. Box 644 Vero Beach, FL 32961-0644.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced