DANBURY, Conn. - Jennie (Hanna) Morey of Danbury, formerly of Bethel, died on Sunday afternoon, March 30, 2014 at Hancock Hall, Danbury. She was 97.
Morey was born June 5, 1916, in Utica, N.Y., and was the daughter of John Habib and Catherine Michael Hanna. She moved to Danbury as a child, attended Danbury schools and became a resident of Bethel in 1945. She was first employed by the former Montgomery Shirt Factory of Danbury and later became an upholsterer with the Castro Convertible Co. of Danbury, retiring in 1976 after 25 years of service.
She was a cook with St. Joseph Church of Danbury and later at St. Mary Church, Ridgefield, and Sacred Heart of Jesus, Danbury. She was a member of the Bethel Exchange Club, the Ma-Asser Society of Danbury, and St. Ann Melkite Church where she served on the building fund committee, parish council, Mercy Meal Committee, and its Ladies’ Guild.
Morey was predeceased by her husband, Louis Morey.
Calling hours are Saturday, after 9 a.m. at St. Ann Church. The Rite of Burial will take place Saturday, April 5 at 10 a.m. in St. Ann Melkite Church, 181 Clapboard Ridge Road (Rt. 39 North) Danbury with Archimandrite Michael Skrocki officiating. Burial will take place in St. Peter Cemetery, Danbury.
Contributions may be made to St. Ann Building Fund.
For more information, please visit: www.jowdykanefuneralhome.com
- 1 One Lane Reopens On I-84 Stretch After Tractor-Trailer/Car Accident
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 4 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced